Friday, May 20, 2011

Internet

               Internet is a big part of my life. Im not gonna deny that. As soon as I go home, Facebook is my first priority. Its because of the internet and sites like Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, Twitter, and Skype that I can still play a role in the lives of my friends overseas. The interent is THE MEDIA that allows me to search up what I need to know instantly. Its truly important. with YouTube people can share videos and watch other people's videos...its like being a celebrity without having to go through the whole auditioning process, or getting to know a stranger without having to travel distant locations. Watching videos is what I do to unwind and now Ican watch what I want whenever. Remarkable and facinating. Personally I don't think I'm addicted to the internet but I can say I make good use of it.
   
               On to mobile devices with access to the internet. I recently lost my wallet...debit card, credit card, you know how it goes. But thanks to my Ipod I quickly went to the Bank Of America site using my BoA app and had my funds transffered to keep them safe. Great huh! When I need to know the current news I use the Bay Area News app on the ipod as well. There are many more things I do with my Ipod...too many to enumerate.

                All in all I think that the Internet is great and whether or not I am addicted to it I feel that it has a positive effct on my life!

1 comment:

  1. I'm remembering the "Uses and Gratifications" theory from Chapter 2 - you choose how to use the Internet in ways that benefit you.

    ReplyDelete